Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I have a stash...

I always sort of rolled my eyes when friends talked about their yarn 'stashes'. I mean, seriously, how does a person just accumulate yarn?

Well, case in point: I just started knitting again two weeks ago and already, I have three yarns in my stash. How did this happen?

Well, the first toque I knit used only half the wool I bought for the project. It's now in my stash. I bought a different colour for the second toque and I'll stash the rest of that as well. I have plans to knit second toques out of those stashes, but in the meantime, it's sitting there, mocking me.

Today, I added to my stash, because apparently this whole yarn thing is a lot like an addiction or maybe bunnies. It multiplies and you can't stop it.


I want to knit socks, so I bought a fingerling weight wool at the yarn store today along with a set of absolutely adorable little size 1 double-pointed needles (SQUEE!). A book on sock knitting is on hold request at the library.

So guess where my new yarn is going until the book arrives? That's right! My STASH.

No comments:

Post a Comment