Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Ribit

I had such a nice day yesterday. In the afternoon, I opened up all the blinds and it was so nice to *see* the city and get some sunlight. In the late hours, the sun streams into the kitchen. I caught up on the Internet, then sat in my chair and attempted to start the heel on Sock #2. I totally screwed that up, ended up frogging.

I tired to fix the sock, but unbeknownst to me, I had dropped two stitches, so I ended up frogging *again* and now I have several rows of knitting to do before I can even start the heel. To add insult to injury (ribit!), I knitted too far into my hat and had to rip several rows out of *that*.

I practically have a lily pad hanging off my ear! I overheard some good frogging advice in the knitting store on saturday. It's basically this: Get those stitches back on the needles - don't worry about *how* they're on the needles - sort them out after. This is what I did and I now feel very at ease with reorienting stitches on needles. Knitting life lessons...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment