Monday, November 19, 2012

Stash and a Wool Moratorium

After walking the dog, I took on an Internet-y project: I organised my stash and knitting projects on Ravelry. It's been a couple years since I even logged on, but my Ravelry is now fully updated. It made me realise, though, how much wool I've actually accumlated and need to use up. So I'm declaring a 'wool moratorium', though I'll probably be getting another skein of that Cascade Superwash in the top-down sock class in two weeks.

I checked the schedule at Lettuce Knit for classes I can actually take (that don't conflict with my schedule). On my wishlist: Double socks class (knitting two at a time), Kate's Cabling 101 (beverage 'cozy'), Entrelac (I think Kate usually teaches a scarf), and Mittens Bootcamp. Classes are tricky for me because knitting classes are often in the evening or on Saturdays when I'm already teaching (I'm a full-time yoga teacher).

But I can go to Mitten Bootcamp! The class is on on a Thursday in December when I'm I'm hiatus from my Thursday class. I'm so excited! This will be fun and, I suspect, not to difficult for me to pick up, given that I can now knit socks. I have a feeling that I'll be knitting up some more Malabrigo in the New Year, creating mitts to match my hats!

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the New Year! I would really love to learn Entrelac in a class context because I know it would be easier. And cabling! Weeeee!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment