Saturday, November 17, 2012

Twisties

Sock #1 is going well! I'm still knitting the leg, but I'm pretty sure I'll finish that by tonight. That's less than a week for a sock. Not bad for a newbie! I figured out where those periodic twisted stitches are coming from. When a stitch falls off the needle, I need to be more careful about how I put it back on. All of those twisties were from temporarily dropped stitches.

I tried the sock on last night and it fits perfectly! I was worried about that because it seemed so big. I'm already looking toward my first sock in fingering weight and thinking about what yarn I'll use.

I'm also rethinking my next hat. I can knit those garterstitch hats in my sleep. I bought the pattern for Kate's entrelac hat and it's definitely do-able. I have all the skills. Sort of. It will be a more complex project than simple knitting. Okay, fine - I'm scared!

I was already calculating the cost of circulars for that project when I remembered my Denise needle set. I suppose I should go ahead and use it. This is exactly why my mother bought it for me, but to be honest. I'm feeling leary of those plastic needles. Maybe I'll love them...I owe it to her to try.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment