Sunday, December 9, 2012

Interchangeable Drama

I decided to frog that Peach Melba Hat because I hate, hate, HATE my Denise Interchangebles. There, I said it! I hate them. I hate the plastic, I hate the blunt tips and I particulary hate the cables, which are stiff. UG. I frogged the project because my tension was so uneven, due to those awkward cables.

The Denise Interchangeables were a loving gift from my mother - she loves hers. I'm feeling very guilty about them, but at least I gave them a seriously good go. (Sorry Mom! *hangs head*).

So today I threw in the towel and bought a set of HiyaHiya interchangeable sharps. After years of Denise Needle guilt, I wanted a set of
interchangeables that I LOVED. So I resolved to buy exactly the set I wanted in the colour (the cases come in different colours) I wanted. I phoned around and didn't have a lot of luck, but Lettuce Knit had a good supply of them so I decided to drop by and check them out.

First of all, the store has changed hands! I was so surprised! A friendly French Canadian woman greeted me and after awhile, I realised that she was very much in charge. So I asked - Sylvie's owned the store since July 31st. She's an executive assistant by day and runs the store in her free time.

The bad news is, the only small sharps available were in the red case. And I hated the red case. I had my heart set on the teal case. I said as much to Sylvie and she laughed. "Switch the cases - it's the needles I'm selling!" So I did! I switched the small set of sharps into the beautiful teal case (and it really is lovely - instead of a floral it has a geometric pattern).



I also bought a new set of Hiya Hiya 2.5 DPN 'sharps' console myself for not getting the Signature 2.5 'stiletto' DPNs I really wanted (maybe for my birthday?). I also bought two skeins of Borroco Vintage in black. As soon as my orange sock is finished, I'm going to knit up some legwarmers!

I've already cast on the Peach Melba Hat on the HiyaHiya circulars and oh my, it's SO much better! I'm very happy with my purchase!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment