Sunday, December 23, 2012

Shopping spree!




Remember that 'yarn hiatus' I was talking about? Oh, I was *so* doomed!

I went a little bit crazy yesterday. Yarn crazy. Let me explain.

On Friday morning, I had an appointment at the dentist that I was 99% sure would result in an expensive and painful root canal. I was *so* sure, in fact, that I cleared my schedule for the rest of the day so I could recover. My dentist, Dr. Awesome (no joke - he really is the best dentist ever) examined me and ordered X-rays and guess what? The tooth in question was perfectly healthy! No root canal!

I felt like I'd won the lottery and suddenly, my bank account felt very full.

So after my noon class on Saturday, I stopped in at PP, my non-local yarn shop. I bought three skeins of Cascade Superwash 220 to knit up some full size mitts, my 'homework' after the Mitten Bootcamp. I chose purple and a light blue so I can wear them with either one of my favourite toques. I also bought a skein of yellow yarn to knit another pair of bed socks.

Then I went a bit nuts in the notions section. I bought stitch holders for DPNs (to keep them from poking through my project bags), stitch holders and a lavender lotion bar. Then I bought a bunch of DPNs.

Let me explain: I've been accumulating various sizes of DPNs to the extent that I nearly have a complete set between 2.5mm and 5mm. I completed the set! As of today, between my Hiya Hiya Interchangeables set, my DPN set and the larger needles in my Denise set, I will never need to buy knitting needles again.

At least, I hope not!

Then I went home and did something awesome. I got out my sewing machine and sewed up a roll-up case for my 'new' DPN set. It was an awesome melding of my two hobbies and wholly satisfying to use my sewing machine for a practical purpose.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment