Thursday, December 13, 2012

Tea Cup Cozy

Yesterday morning, I decided to do some knitting before heading to teach my first class of the day. I tackled the 'Cabled Coffee Cozy' from Kate Atherley's book, Beyond Knit and Purl. After one false start (I was knitting too tight around the cables), success! Within an hour, I had a very respectable little column of cables and I was SO excited! I couldn't believe it was this easy!

I worked on that project all day (it's actually a do-able streetcar project as long as you wait for a quiet moment to work the cables) and I finished it up in the evening while watching a movie.

This project is knit flat and seamed together. I'd never seamed before, but I followed the directions in the book (thank goodness there were photos!) and it turned out great! Best of all, it was SO much fun! I'm sure a faster knitter could whip this out in an hour and it's a great use for scrap wool.

I'm thoroughly addicted to knitting cables now and I want to give it a go on a larger project.

Here it is, modelled on my favourite ceramic green tea tumbler. The cozy is designed to work on those paper carry-out cups.


You can find the pattern in Kate Atherley's book Beyond Knit and Purl. I knit this in DK weight 'mystery yarn' in my stash that I bought at Romni Wools years ago.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment